In scan barcode and QRcode using zxing Android Kotlin example, we will learn how to scan the barcode and QRcode using a zxing library in Android studio. We need to implement scan feature when...
The advantages of using Kotlin
- Koltin comes with type system helps you avoid null pointer exceptions.
- It targets Java 6, so you can use it even if your deployment makes upgrading to a newer JVM difficult.
- Kotlin provides functional programming support with zero-overhead lambdas and ability to do mapping, folding etc over standard Java collections.
- Kotlin is completely open source, it also has one-click Java to Kotlin converter tool using which you can convert an existing Java project one file at a time and everything will still compile, even for complex programs that run to millions of lines of code.
- Kotlin allows you to keep using your productivity enhancing tools. If you use IntelliJ, IDE interop is entirely seamless: code can be refactored, searched, navigated and auto completed as if the Kotlin code was Java and vice-versa. There is full support for debugging, unit testing, profiling and so on.
Features of Kotlin
- Null safety lets the compiler systematically flag potential null pointer dereferences.
- Kotlin allows us to extend the functionality of existing classes without inheriting from them.
- Kotlin supports smart casts which is capable of handling all the redundant classes by itself.
- Delegation i.e forwarding methods can be done automatically.
- In Kotlin, you don’t have to specify the type of each variable explicitly, even though Kotlin is strongly typed.
- Kotlin has a keyword called object which allows us to define an object, similar to a class. That object then only exists as a single instance. This is a useful way to create singletons.
So basically these are some features and a general overview about Kotlin.
Pick image from gallery or camera in android kotlin example is today’s tutorial. Pick image from gallery or camera in android kotlin tutorial guides you how to select/get the image from a gallery in android...
Today’s tutorial is Navigation Drawer Android Kotlin With Fragments And Material Design Example. Navigation Drawer Android Kotlin example guides you to create a sliding navigation menu with recyclerview. Navigation Drawer Android Kotlin tutorial uses fragments...
Custom Tablayout Android Kotlin example creates custom tablayout with custom view. We will create a custom view for tablayout in this example. If you don’t have go through basic tablayout tutorial, then visit android...
This is a tablayout android kotlin example. Tablayout android kotlin tutorial will guide you to make different actionbar/toolbar menuitems for different colors. In whatsapp, when you slide fragments menu items are also changing. We...
Whatsapp is using Android Tablayout Kotlin for basic navigation. In today’s Android Tablayout Kotlin example, we will develop that kind of structure programmatically. Android Tablayout Kotlin uses fragments, material design and view pager as...
Hi, Guys. Welcome to Android Kotlin Runtime Permissions example. In this tutorial, We will learn how to programmatically request multiple Android Kotlin Runtime Permissions. From android’s Marshmallow version, the developer needs to programmatically check and request multiple...