Android Kotlin ListView Button Tutorial With Example is covered in this article. In this example, we will make a listview with button and textview in every child row of the listview. You will learn...
The advantages of using Kotlin
- Koltin comes with type system helps you avoid null pointer exceptions.
- It targets Java 6, so you can use it even if your deployment makes upgrading to a newer JVM difficult.
- Kotlin provides functional programming support with zero-overhead lambdas and ability to do mapping, folding etc over standard Java collections.
- Kotlin is completely open source, it also has one-click Java to Kotlin converter tool using which you can convert an existing Java project one file at a time and everything will still compile, even for complex programs that run to millions of lines of code.
- Kotlin allows you to keep using your productivity enhancing tools. If you use IntelliJ, IDE interop is entirely seamless: code can be refactored, searched, navigated and auto completed as if the Kotlin code was Java and vice-versa. There is full support for debugging, unit testing, profiling and so on.
Features of Kotlin
- Null safety lets the compiler systematically flag potential null pointer dereferences.
- Kotlin allows us to extend the functionality of existing classes without inheriting from them.
- Kotlin supports smart casts which is capable of handling all the redundant classes by itself.
- Delegation i.e forwarding methods can be done automatically.
- In Kotlin, you don’t have to specify the type of each variable explicitly, even though Kotlin is strongly typed.
- Kotlin has a keyword called object which allows us to define an object, similar to a class. That object then only exists as a single instance. This is a useful way to create singletons.
So basically these are some features and a general overview about Kotlin.
Kotlin Listview CheckBox Tutorial with Example is the matter here. It is not easy to implement the listview with checkbox in it’s every row item especially in the kotlin language. This tutorial will provide...
Kotlin RecyclerView Tutorial With Example will be covered here. RecyclerView is developed with kotlin for your next awesome android app. This tutorial will guide you how to make a RecyclerView With CardView, Image and...
In scan barcode and QRcode using zxing Android Kotlin example, we will learn how to scan the barcode and QRcode using a zxing library in Android studio. We need to implement scan feature when...
Pick image from gallery or camera in android kotlin example is today’s tutorial. Pick image from gallery or camera in android kotlin tutorial guides you how to select/get the image from a gallery in android...
Today’s tutorial is Navigation Drawer Android Kotlin With Fragments And Material Design Example. Navigation Drawer Android Kotlin example guides you to create a sliding navigation menu with recyclerview. Navigation Drawer Android Kotlin tutorial uses fragments...
Custom Tablayout Android Kotlin example creates custom tablayout with custom view. We will create a custom view for tablayout in this example. If you don’t have go through basic tablayout tutorial, then visit android...